Dig It UP! The Research
1) How is wildlife affected by plastic pollution? Can you think of any specific example?
2) What do you think consequences of humans eating micro-plastics would be?
3) By using their Green Chemistry, what could the University of Wolverhampton do to reduce plastics within the university?
4) Are most companies making a great enough effort to reduce their plastic use? If not, what could be some improvements?
5) How could you and your families reduce the amount of plastic you use? What could you change, and how easy / difficult would it be?
Polymer: a substance which has a molecular structure built up from a large number of similar units bonded together
Biodegradable: an object capable of being broken down by bacteria or other living organisms
Compostable: Materials that are broken down completely by bacteria or other living organisms into biomass, water, and carbon dioxide.
Plastic Pollution: The accumulation of whole plastics and micro-plastic particles that negatively effect the environment
Recycle: Processing waste and turning them into new useable products.